I usually work out a few days a week, stop for a few weeks, work out for a whole week, take a month break...you follow?
But this time I have worked out 4-5 times a week. This will be the third week and you know what I have noticed? Nothing....
My clothes are not fitting better and the scale says I am stuck at the same weight. I drink more water, I think I have a healthier diet and up until this week I have had a pretty active schedule with no naps.
This week has been a different story with the whole nap thing. I am super tired!! I don't know why. I even went to sleep earlier last night and was even worse today than I was yesterday. I could hardly keep my eyes open at work and when I came home I completely crashed. I did get up for dinner and to work out so...*pat myself on the back.*
I have noticed the muscles in my legs are getting...bigger. I have got some massive muscles in my legs! I have always had major calf muscles, which is why I can't wear cute boots that come up to my knees unless I want to pay a fortune and get them special made. My thighs have just been...fat. Now they are major muscles too! My mom always told me I was strong as an ox when I was younger. My legs have always been really strong and can take a lot of weight. Which is why I am pretty sure that if I was ever attacked, the attackers first mistake would be throwing me to the ground. You can't overpower my kick! But, please God, let's not test my theory.
I feel like my arms are a little less flabby. Which is one of the things I hate the most! My arms. Ugh! I feel like the old teacher that almost knocks herself out with her bat wings. Though, my arms are not that bad and they seem to be getting better. I even have some muscle tone in my biceps. Which all this is good and seriously the only thing keeping me on this venture to exercise.
I just want my clothes to start fitting better, the scale to say I have lost a few pounds and for the stomach fat to start disappearing. Is that so much to ask for?
I keep wondering if maybe my diet really is not that great. Maybe I really should start cutting down on calories. But, do you ever worry that once you start doing that you will get obsessed and the whole weight loss thing takes over your life? I don't think it has taken over my life yet. I don't want it too.
I don't want my happiness to revolve on a few pounds lost here and there. I just want to be healthy and have fun. But it is kind of bumming me out that I am working so hard and seeing no results. The only thing that I get for my hard work is sore muscles...which I actually enjoy, but I would so love to see some weight coming off.
*Sigh*
Anyone else having trouble losing weight?
Much Love
Heather