Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bible Study

So I decided to put my blog to good use for the new things going on in my life.  There will be a Wacky Wednesday (sorry for not keeping up with that) and a day for what I have learned that week from my readings of the bible.  I am also thinking about doing a Mindful Monday where I learn something new and share it with people but...that is a project in the making.

This week I have read the first book in the bible, Genesis. This is because I have decided that I want to become a youth minister/pastor or whatever gets me to working with teenagers. I feel like I have been through a lot in my life and I know that I can help teens get through those awkward years on top.  I want to share with them how I made it through things, how I lost my faith but found it again.  I want teens of today to know that there is someone that knows what they are going through.  There is someone that knows the pains and the doubt and frustration that comes with being a teen.  They need to know that someone understands how big of a transition life becomes once you become a teenager.

My first step to accomplishing this goal is to read and understand the bible.  I would like to think that so far I am doing pretty good.  I don't know how this will actually work out but my plan is to review a book of the bible each week. The bible has 66 books with in it.  And a ton of chapters within those books.  I am reading them in the order that they come in the bible because that is how I read best.  I actually understand things better since reading Genesis. It works for me.

My goal is to read a book a week and review it.  I want to outline what I read, the things that I think are the key parts of the book.  My hopes is that I will help others understand the bible as I learn and understand it.  Then I would like a second part of my blog to give my own thoughts and questions about it.  I understand that this may make some blogs super long! In which case I may break it down into two blogs posted on the same day.  One for the review and one for my own thoughts, opinions and questions.

Also, I know that some books are super short, when I come across those I may go ahead and blog about more than one book.  Though, still separate them into different post, just all in the same day.  I want to keep it all on one day so that everyone knows what to expect on that day. 

To those of you who do not read the bible and have no interest in it, do not fret. It will only be one day a week and the blogs will be labeled "Bible Study" Feel free to skip that blog, but I do hope that my religious (I hate that word to be honest) beliefs do not scare you away from all the other awesome things I have hidden within this blog.

I hope that I have a few followers and can build an online bible study so that we can all help each other.  I have opened the door for a journey and I intend to follow it through.  Feel free to join and/or follow me.  We can learn this together.

Much Love
Heather