Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wacky Wednesday: The writing on the vent

I'm sitting here eating my macaroni (made by fairies of course) and thinking over the day.  Of course I have come to wonder how these days come to me.  And why on Wednesdays?  Just tons of strange things happen and it all comes to me, on it's knees begging me to accept the weirdness.  I can never say no to those big kitten eyes that come with the ugly pale face of random and unbelievable happenings.

Today, like every other day, started off normal. I threw myself out of bed (because hitting the floor face first is the only thing that wakes me up.) Then I rushed to the bathroom, turned on the shower and stared at the shower curtain for at least ten minutes while I agonize over how badly I want to go back to bed.  Finally I pulled back the curtains and jump in to quickly adjust the temperature because the chances are the water is boiling hot.  Then I stood under the water for fifteen minutes wishing I could go back to sleep.  Did I mention that I hate mornings?

After the shower I rush around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off.  I spend  so much time wishing I could go back to sleep and groaning about lack of sleep that I have hardly any time left to get ready. Of course the demon that lives in my house wants some of my tuna that I am preparing for lunch and then I have to push him out the door so he doesn't wake the whole house up with his whining.

My macaroni and cheese is super delicious!

I finally get my stuff together, hair dried, teeth brushed and vitamins taken.  I locate my socks, shoes, sweater and keys and rush out the door.  This is all normal, everyday life.

Then things start getting weird.  I start making the cars in front of me disappear and reappear.  I don't know how I did it.  I'm thinking my family may have some unknown power that I will one day, soon, discover. So the whole drive to work I played with the cars, I hope I didn't scare the drivers too bad.  Then I got bored and super tired and almost fell asleep driving.  Not good!  But I wasn't far from work.

I get to my desk ten minutes late (normal) and do all my fancy computer reports.  I post on facebook, text a friend and sit back and prepare to twiddle my thumbs the rest of the day.  Except...I have to make it look like I am doing more than twiddling my thumbs. Grr! I throw my head back in frustration and to keep myself awake because I am nodding off.  That is when I finally see it.  The writing on the vent.

At first it just looked like scratches but the longer I looked at it the more it looked like writing.  Then, the scratches started moving and forming words!  It read "We cam back for you."  HA! Now tell me I am not from a different planet.  I waited for my co-worker to leave the office so that I could talk to what ever was in the vent.  When I started talking the words disappeared and out crawled some slimy...something.  It was like a blob but quickly took shape on my desk in the form of a small person.

I asked it who it was and what it wanted.  Again I remind you that I told you I was from a different planet! This little guy tells me that he is my brother from Pluto and that it is almost time for me to go back home because my mother is sick and I am the one who must take the throne.

TOLD YOU I WAS A PLUTONIAN PRINCESS!

My co-worker snuck back into the office and scare the crap out of me.  He asked me why I was talking to a plastic doll.  I only laughed, how was I supposed to answer that??

Then little alien brother disappeared and I haven't seen him since.  Just my luck.  I finally find out that I am really what I have told everyone I was and I still have no answers.  I have tons of questions. Like, why was I put on earth and when is Pluto going to blow up earth for calling it a rock?!

That has been my day folks.  Just like every other Wednesday...wacky.  You just can't make up this kind of stuff.

Much Love
Heather

p.s. This macaroni and cheese is so good!